Managing and getting in touch with contacts is as easy as ever with Google contacts.
- Where is Google's own information about working with Contacts?
- Is a corporate directory available?
- How does Google's Directory work?
- How do I access the corporate directory?
- How do I import or export contacts with my Google Contacts?
- What is a Contact Group?
- Are Shared Contacts available in Google Contacts?
Contacts Tips & Tricks
Where is Google's own information about working with Contacts?
Visit Google Contacts at the Google Apps Learning Center. This is a great place to begin. Learn how to create/edit/remove contacts and contact groups, use contacts in email messages and other apps, and how to organize and search contacts,
Is a corporate directory available?
Yes, there is a Google Directory (containing only SIL-provided addresses) that can be accessed in one of three ways.
How does Google's Directory work?
The Directory you see in your Google Contacts is integrated into your Google account (email) as soon as you log in online and is included in a search in your My Contacts. You can type in any part of a person or position name to see a filtered list of matches. You will find the person's name and email address. In some cases you may see additional information that person has included in their Google+ profile. In most cases, this will meet your needs.
Note: Some individual's are not included in the corporate directory, either by request or because they are working in a sensitive location.
How do I access the corporate directory?
The Google Directory can be accessed in one of three ways:
- Online: Login into your G Suite account with a browser, and go to your Contacts (contacts.google.com). A "Directory" section is found under your Google Contacts. Google will also search the global directory as you type when composing an email. In the search field, you can enter any part of the name.
- For Outlook for Windows users who use G Suite Sync for Microsoft Office (instead of IMAP or POP), this directory is listed as "Global Address Book" within Outlook.
- For Apple Mail - By following Google's "See Google Contacts on your mobile device" instructions, you will also, it turns out, add the global directory
It is not accessible from other clients, such as Thunderbird.
NOTE: Setting up your Google account in either Android or IOS will also include access to the corporate address directory. Refer to Google's directions.
How do I import or export contacts with my Google Contacts?
What is a Contact Group?
Consider a contact groups as a personal mailing list. You create/name a new contact group and then add existing or new contacts into that group. When sending an email, you simply enter the name of that contact group in the To/Cc/Bcc field.
A contact may be in more than one contact group.
Are Shared Contacts available in Google Contacts?
If you mean, Wycliffe USA and Global Alliance contacts, no. If you are asking about sharing your contacts, you have the option to share ALL your contacts, not selected Contacts or a Contact Group.